08 Aug Men and Women Have Different Skin
Did you know that men and women have different skin? That’s why our products and our routines need to be different. Here are some scientific truths.
1. A man’s skin contains more collagen on average, which is believed to slow aging. Collagen makes up 75% of our skin and provides cells that help keep us looking smooth, plump and young. It’s the stuff that prevents you from wrinkling. The decline of collagen production leads to the advance of wrinkles and aged skin.
2. Men have thicker skin, which increases the probability of retaining more moisture. This is a great thing because dry skin can be a pain in the ass what with the itching, flaking, redness, swelling, and the way it affects your morning shave. When your skin dries out it can be from using harsh soaps, frequent hot showers, aging, and dry winter air.
3. Men having oilier skin, but this is actually an advantage. We know it doesn’t look good when your nose and forehead look like an oil refinery, but oily skin disguises wrinkles and fine lines, presenting signs of aging at a much slower rate. Most of the grease on a man’s face can be attributed to sebum and sweat, but oily skin stands up to the wind and the sun, acting as a defense mechanism toward environmental assault.
Here are the products you should keep in your grooming toolbox at all times:
- Eye Therapy to help diminish dark circles and bagginess that can potentially lead to more sagging of the skin. The key is to stimulate the blood vessels beneath the skin.
- Face Moisturizer which will keep you looking healthy with a nice tone, while combating dryness and providing a smoother texture. If you have oily skin, the biggest mistake you can make is to avoid moisturizing. Your body will react as if you’re lacking oil and moisture, and in turn, will produce more.
- Face Wash to force out bacteria and dirt, while eliminating any buildup or dead skin on your face. This helps you have a better shave, and if you wear facial hair, consistent cleansing helps combat any irritations.