08 Aug How to Care For Your Lips
Your lips can be a strong feature and they’re one of the first things people notice when meeting you. They’re pretty important, so here are a few ways to take care of them.
- The key to having nice lips is keeping them moisturized. Your saliva contains acid from your body that can dry out your lips. Staying hydrated is essential for having nice lips.
- Smoking damages your lips and completely dries you out.
- Don’t lick or bite your lips when they’re irritated. This will only make things worse.
- Quality organic lip balms, not ones with a bunch of ingredients you can’t pronounce, protect the lips. The humectants within these organic ingredients help plump the lips.
- Your lips are sensitive and can easily get damaged by the sun’s rays. When you’re outside, wear lip balm with SPF.
The skin on your lips will shed, just like everywhere else on your body. You have to wash and exfoliate your lips or else they won’t look as smooth, healthy and shiny. For those of you that smoke, go look in the mirror. I don’t know if you’ve ever noticed this, but cigarette smoke and carcinogens alter the appearance of lips.