10 Aug 5 Tips To Prevent Jock Itch From Returning
Posted at 20:18h in Embarrassing Issues
Now that you’ve taken care of the itch, here’s how to make sure it doesn’t come back:
- Keep it clean and dry. Wear clean underwear, shower after sports or excessive sweating, and make sure your goods dry before you put your pants on.
- The more breathable the fabric, the better. If your nethers have some ventilation they won’t get too hot and sticky, which is exactly how bacteria and fungi like it. Opt for cotton and natural fibers and stay away from synthetic fabrics, unless it’s wick-away. Make sure your clothes are clean.
- Ditch the tight underwear and pants. Chafing can rub your skin raw and it’ll be more susceptible to jock itch.
- If you must wear an athletic supporter, make it a clean one.
- Apply antifungal or drying powders after showering to keep things from getting funky.
Don’t wear thick clothing for long periods of time in warm, humid weather. Don’t share your towel, clothing, or underwear with anyone else.