09 Aug 5 Easy Shaving Solutions
Posted at 21:44h in Shaving
- Make sure to really work in your shaving solution. Allow it to sit longer on the more sensitive areas, so the skin and beard absorb more of the product.
- Save the areas that tend to develop bumps for last. Give the shaving solution more time to soften the hair.
- Normally, I advise using your free hand to stretch the skin as you shave. But if you’re susceptible to ingrown hairs, avoid stretching the skin. Stretching the skin pushes the hair back in, which can easily lead to ingrown hairs or bumps.
- Don’t go over the same area again and again. Go with the direction of growth by taking one pass on each area. Your beard and skin will often trick you into thinking there’s still hair left, especially around the neck area.
- Don’t use disposable razors and be sure to replace your blade regularly. A dull blade may cause the hair to tear unevenly.
Shaving is just like any other skill—it takes practice. That practice comes from taking your time and allowing yourself to have a great shave.